RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Water heater temperature node

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your attention. I have already tried with the "Use side loop
Outlet  Node" but when the plant loop becomes unavailable the node
temperature remains fixed under the unvailable condition.

I think that really my question is: How do I have to model a solar plant for
heating purposes? I would like that the solar system would serve the zone
equipment when the water tank temperature is above the setpoint reference.
The rest of the time, I would use a conventional heating plant.

I have tried in some different ways with very poor results.

My first attempt was to connect it like the "solar collector plant loop
connection diagram" in the "input-output reference manual" and connecting
the use side to the loop serving the fancoils. Everything seems to work
fine, but the "water heater tank temperature" remains constant at the
reference temperature, so there is no heat accumulation.

My second attempt was to simulate two "plant loops" serving two different
groups of "zone equipment" (fancoils). The system works like this:
- The solar plant loop, should be available whenever the water tank
temperature is above 60ºC, and disable the rest of the time.
- The water heater tank reference temperature is 95ºC and the nominal
capacity is 0.
- The conventional loop, is always available with an outlet node reference
temperature of 60ºC.
- The fancoils attached to the solar plant loop, have a higher priority than
those attached to the conventional plant loop.

I have found the following problems:
- In the availability manager, I am using the "water heater source outlet
node" to determine the water heater temperature, but this is only right when
there is a flow on the solar collector circuit.
- Another problem is related to the "volume of the plant loop". This volume
is more than 6 m3 (dued to the loop stability), while the storage tank is
only 3 m3. This is causing wrong results every time the solar plant loop
starts.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Angel Pascual