Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Polygon Problem.

1.  Surfaces Zn002:Roof003 and Zn002:Roof004 are the triangular gable surfaces.
 Since these surfaces are vertical, they should be designated as WALLs instead
of ROOFs.  This will eliminate the tilt warnings in the error file.

2.  Both of these surfaces have exactly the same set of vertices, and they are
both facing North (azimuth=0).  Use "report, surfaces, details;" to produce a
summary of surfaces listing azimuth and tilt in the eio output file.  The one
which represents the north gable end must have y values of 6.096 for all of its
vertices.  The other one needs the order of its vertices reversed so that it
faces south (azimuth=180).

3.  Also, the floor surface appears to have an error.  It is a trapezoid
instead of a rectangle.

Mike

On 19 May 2004, at 17:41, indoman1611 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted a message yesterday about three-sided polygon. I tried what
> was suggested, however it didn't work. I have posted idf, err, and
> audit files so they can be viewed. I uploaded the files and they are
> in Problem_Submittals under Residential IDF.zip. I even reduced the
> length of the slanted roofs to accomodate the thickness of the
> gable. It still didn't work.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Albert Sitorus

> http://www.energyplus.gov