Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: about the HVAC loop

Each plant loop has two sides, a supply side and a demand side.  This is true
for hot water, chilled water, and condenser loops.  I will explain each side
briefly below:

Supply side - The supply side may consist of a single branch containing a pump
and a single piece of suppply equipment such as a boiler or chiller.  Or it may
consist of an inlet branch containing a pump, then a splitter, then one or more
equipment and bypass branches in parallel, then a mixer, then an outlet pipe.

Demand side - The demand side must always begin with an inlet pipe, then a
splitter, then one or more demand components (coils, chiller condenser side,
etc.) and bypass branches in parallel, then a mixer, then an outlet pipe.

The example files and the HVAC diagram outputs will help you also.  Run the
5ZoneWaterCooled.idf example with Chicago weather, then view the HVAC diagram
in the svg file.  In EP-Launch, select View --> Single File --> HVAC Diagram-
SVG.  This will display a schematic block diagram of the air and plant loops in
your browser.  Viewing the svg file requires a special browser plugin.  If the
file will not open, you can download a free svg viewer from

http://www.adobe.com/svg

When the drawing is open in the viewer, right-click in the drawing for help and
other options.

You may also find it helpful to use the HVAC Templates to generate the initial
input for your system.  See the Auxiliary Programs document for instructions.

Mike

On 10 Jun 2004, at 22:02, pizzaalan wrote:

> Try to read p141 on EngineeringDoc.pdf, there is a loop schematic
> diagram. Good luck.
>
> Alan
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "J Y" <beyangj@h...>
> wrote:
> > Dear,
> >
> > I have some problems about the HVAC loops. In the EnergyPlus,
> there are six
> > loop section types are defined. Now I don't understand them
> clearly,
> > especially I can't how to make certain the plant loop demand side,
> plant
> > loop supply side, condenser loop demand side and conder loop
> supply side.
> > Could you explain them distinctly? If there is a diagram about it,
> it will
> > be better.Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Stewart

> > Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.