Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cooling setpoint not met

You are using a single cooling set point from 4/1 to 9/30, all other
times of the year you have a single heating set point.  From 4/1 through
9/30 you are maintaining the set point of 25.6.  On 10/2 the living room
temp rises above 29, but since the heating set point is 21.1, the
cooling coil is off.  Try using a dual set point thermostat if you want
to run both heating and cooling all year long.

I would also add more information to your output file so that you can
see how the system is operating.  For instance, I added:

Report Variable,
    *,
    DX Cooling Coil Runtime Fraction,
    hourly,
    ON;

That way I could see if the DX coil was ON when the temperature rose
above the set point.  In this case it was OFF.  The runtime fraction of
the DX cooling coil never goes above 8% all year long.  Yes the system
is oversized by a factor of 10, fix the thermostat (or reschedule it
like I did to operate through 10/31) and reset the sizing factor back to
1 and try again.

Rohini Brahme wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am simulating a typical residence with FurnaceBlowThruHeatCool as
> the HVAC system. For the cooling, the setpoint is 25.6 C, but some
> hours show that the room temp is around 28-29 C. I don't think sizing
> is a problem since I set the sizing factor to a high number like 10
> and the room temps still remain the same. I have also uploaded the
> file. It is called 1-sto-gar-sch.idf.
>
> Thanks
> Rohini

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129471jjl/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1088609613/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348>

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years