[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: sizing factor

When I choose 1.2 and only simulate the design days, the
temperatures of some zone don't reach to the setpoint. The design
days is described as follows, and schedule and sizing parameter
should be Ok because I just copied from example file, "5ZoneAuto".
Any suggestion? Thank you.

DesignDay,
    Minneapolis Winter,      !- DesignDayName
    -26.7,                   !- Maximum Dry-Bulb Temperature {C}
    0,                       !- Daily Temperature Range {deltaC}
    -26.7,                   !- Humidity Indicating Temperature at
Max Temp {C}
    98302,                   !- Barometric Pressure {Pa}
    11.775,                  !- Wind Speed {m/s}
    323,                     !- Wind Direction {deg}
    .5,                      !- Sky Clearness
    0,                       !- Rain Indicator
    0,                       !- Snow Indicator
    21,                      !- Day Of Month
    1,                       !- Month
    WinterDesignDay,         !- Day Type
    0,                       !- Daylight Saving Time Indicator
    Wet-Bulb;                !- Humidity Indicating Temperature Type

DesignDay,
    Minneapolis Summer,      !- DesignDayName
    33.3,                    !- Maximum Dry-Bulb Temperature {C}
    12.2,                    !- Daily Temperature Range {deltaC}
    23.8,                    !- Humidity Indicating Temperature at
Max Temp {C}
    98302,                   !- Barometric Pressure {Pa}
    3.8,                     !- Wind Speed {m/s}
    213,                     !- Wind Direction {deg}
    .98,                     !- Sky Clearness
    0,                       !- Rain Indicator
    0,                       !- Snow Indicator
    21,                      !- Day Of Month
    7,                       !- Month
    SummerDesignDay,         !- Day Type

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffith, Brent"
<brent_griffith@n...> wrote:
> 1.2 is a reasonable value. Think of it as a safety factor for HVAC
sizing.
> It can be the case that loads encountered sometime during an
annual run are higher than those during design day runs.
> But you should check that there isn't something wrong with your
design days, schedules, or autosizing commands.

appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jiqsrh/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
76/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1089845487/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf
6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here
>   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=307459
847>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>