Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Unable to autosize VAV dx coil

My apologies for the very delayed response.

1.  Changing the nominal SHR from 0.76 to 0.75 solves the problem in this case.
 I have submitted this as a CR (#6403) to see if the error message could
perhaps give a suggested SHR or do something to help get past the situation.

2.  During unoccupied hours, SYSTEM AVAILABILITY MANAGER:NIGHT CYCLE will
activate the system, but there is no way to force the system to stay at the
minimum flow rate.

Mike

On 27 Jul 2004, at 3:27, Michelle Smith wrote:

> I have uploaded files for a 2 story building with a DX rooftop VAV
> unit. We are applying for LEED certification of this building and
> need to show energy savings over the minimum ASHRAE 90.1
> requirements.
>
> I am not sure why E+ will not autosize the DX coil for this system.
> I have a sunlit area too small error which I have been unable to
> correct, perhaps this is also the problem with the autosize.
> Solutions to both issues would be greatly appreciated.
>
> It had been running, until I updated the ground temperatures and
> changed the design day schedule to be always on. When the design day
> schedule was set to be off during unoccupied hours, the warm-up
> loads were causing the VAV box and reheat coil to be EXTREMELY over
> sized (4-5 times bigger than required.) The VAV dampers were not
> opening past minimum except for the morning hours.
>
> That brings up another question, is there any way to model a single
> duct VAV system that comes on at minimum flow during unoccupied
> hours to meet a night setback temperature?
>
> Michelle Smith
> Belle Engineering, LLC

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: