Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with result Surface Ext Solar Incident[W/m2]

Regarding the incident solar on the building.  The problem is with the
"TransSchedShadowSurf" field on the shading surfaces.  This schedule is the
transmittance of the shading surface, so a value of zero is opaque and a value
of 1 is transparent.  All of the shading surfaces have a schedule of 1.0, so
the shading surfaces have no impact.  Change the schedule to be 0.0, and you
should see the impact of the change in height.

Mike

On 14 Aug 2004, at 10:56, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> At 10:46 AM 8/14/2004, Soon Boon (Clarence) wrote:
> >The Surface Ext Solar
> >Incident[W/m2] value came out to be unstable as i change the vertex
> >direction. Meaning my surface geometry is key as lower left corner CW
> >but when i key the vertex of the wall in a wrong direction it give me
> >a different value.
>
> Yes, that is "as designed" -- if the surface is facing a different
> direction (outward normal of the surface), then you will quite likely get a very
> different result.
>

> >another problem was even when i got the right direction of the
> >vertex, the value of 2nd floor compare to 13th floor the value are
> >the same, which i think there should be a different.
>
> Not sure that this one should be different -- depends on location,
> etc.  Incident angle from the sun (which is a long distance away) may make very
> little difference to a building between stories -- but we're certainly willing
> to look at it if you send your input file (to linda@xxxxxxxxxx or to
> energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx)
>

> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov