Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help, please....

In the BUILDING object, the "Solar Distribution" field is set to
FullInteriorAndExterior.  This requires that the zone be "convex" (see the
Input Output Reference, p. 11 (pdf p. 39)) which is not the case in this input.
 Change the solar distribution to be FullExterior and the errors will be gone.

Mike

On 4 Sep 2004, at 13:17, cmsoliveira2004 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just start to use energy plus so i've made an example to
> practice... Although i haven't specified several information (such
> as nodes, thermostats, etc) when i run the simulation i get 64
> severe errors refering to the geometry.
>
> The errors are:
>
> "** Severe  ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation
> (CHKBKS)
>    **   ~~~   **    Solar Distribution = FullInteriorExterior will
> not work in Zone=ZONA 02
>    **   ~~~   **    because vertex 1 of back surface=ZONA 02 - 1º
> ANDAR - JANELA 05 is in front of receiving surface=ZONA 02 - 1º
> ANDAR - PAREDE 05
>    **   ~~~   **    (Dot Product indictor=58.0890)
>    **   ~~~   **    Check surface geometry; if OK, use Solar
> Distribution = FullExterior instead."
>
> I've checked the geometry and seems to be ok, and if i remove the
> windows i only get 4 warnings, and no severe error.
>
> What am i doing wrong??
>
> I've uploaded the file, with the name Projecto12.idf.
>
> Thanx in advance

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links