Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Getting humidification to work

Thanks for the reply, Richard.

I have since used a humidistat for the main zone in my building and set it
to 50% (minimum desired humidity). I saw some pretty weird results:

Changing the humidistat allowed the gallery zone to maintain minimum
humidity and ideal 19-21 degree temperatures, until the 10 April where the
humidity and temperature drop to ~30% and 19 degrees respectively for no
apparent reason. The minor zones drop well below ideal temperature after the
10th of April. Half way through November the temperature and humidity
returns to the situation pre 10th of April. Energy use also appears normal
before April the 10th, then increases sharply. From what I can tell, this is
not a schedule issue. Any suggestion as to why this occurs is greatly
appreciated.

The output from the humidifier is still around 600W max despite it Having a
rated power of 21000W.

I have reloaded the file to the ³Sam Roose² folder for inspection, to be
used with a Wellington NZ weather file.

Also, if there is, or in future will be, any way to treat humidity as
temperature is treated in terms of applying a deadband to the allowable
humidity range and having multizone control I would love to hear about it.

While I¹m troubleshooting, is there an example file available with the
³Unitary System: BlowThru:HeatCool² model in it? This appears to relate to
the system I have been attempting, which was based on a number of examples.
Thanks in advance

Sam