Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cooling coil control

The controller convergence tolerance values are specific to EnergyPlus, you
will not find any technical literature discussing these.  The value here
depends on the type of equipment you are using.  Some tolerances are DeltaC,
some are fraction of load.  The default values are reasonable, or you may
choose to use smaller numbers.  I would not use anything larger than the
defaults.

Item 1 implies that you are using COIL:Water:SimpleCooling.  Due to limitations
in this model, it is being phased out.  For a study focusing on humidity
control, I would strongly recommend upgrading for EnergyPlus 1.2.1 (released
yesterday) and using the new COIL:Water:Cooling or using
COIL:Water:DetailedFlatCooling.

Mike

On 4 Oct 2004, at 18:37, hjunmoon wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am doing a sensitivity analysis with humidity control. To do this,
> I have to set an appropriate ranges of the parameters related to the
> control of heating/cooling coils.
> 3 parameters are in question:
> 1) Leaving relative humidity from cooling coil
> 2) Heating coil: Controller convergence tolerance
> 3) Cooling coil: Controller convergence tolerance
>
> Can anyone give references which give typical ranges of these
> parameters? Any papers, manuals, websites, reports related to these
> parameters are welcome. I would like to work on as many as
> references I can get. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> HJ Moon
> Georgia Institute of Technology
> gt6102a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx