Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Continue: problem with my IDF file

1.     ** Severe  ** Existing Fluid type for node, incorrect for request.
Node=DUCT HEATER OUTLET NODE-AHU LGA L/F
   **   ~~~   ** Existing Fluid type=Water, Requested Fluid Type=Air

This was caused by the following input:

SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT,
    CAVsystem-zoneLG1,       !- Name of System
    FCU/AHU Sched,           !- System Availability schedule
    Return Air Outlet Node-zoneLG1,  !- Unit Air Outlet Node
    Supply Air Inlet Node-zoneLG1,  !- Unit Air Inlet Node
    autosize,                !- Maximum air flow rate {m3/s}
    Duct Heater Outlet Node-AHU LGA L/F,  !- Control node
    COIL:Electric:Heating,   !- Reheat Component Object
    Duct Heater-AHU LGA L/F; !- Name of Reheat Component

The heating coil leaving air node has been specified as the control node, but
the VAV box expects a coil water inlet node here.  This error terminated the
simulation.  If the simulation terminates before all components have set up
input, then false node connection errors may be listed at the end of the err
file (which happened here).

2.  As you realized, because this is electric reheat, the control node should
be left blank, but then the run crashed after these errors:

   ** Warning ** The design coil load is zero for COIL:Water:SimpleCooling
COOLING COIL-FCUZONELG4
   **   ~~~   ** The autosize value for max water flow rate is zero
   **   ~~~   ** To change this, input a value for UA, change the cooling
design day, or lower
   **   ~~~   **   the zone cooling design supply air temperature
   ** Warning ** The design air volume flow rate is zero for COIL:Water:Cooling
COOLING COIL-FCUZONELG4
   **   ~~~   ** The autosize value for max air volume flow rate is zero

The crash occurs because the design coil load is zero.  A change request
(CR6475) has been posted to prevent the crash.  But the question is why did it
size to zero?

Because the cooling design day Day Type is SummerDesignDay, and the cooling
setpoint schedule for SummerDesignDay is ZoneTempSummer7 which is 32C.  The
heating setpoint schedule for WinterDesignDay also needs to be changed.  These
can be fixed by changing the setpoint schedule definitions or by changing the
design days to be a different day type, such as Monday.  Also, check that the
proper internal load schedules are being used for the selected design day day
type.  I tried changing both days to "Monday" but now some of the heating coils
are sizing to zero - check all of the sizing inputs.

Be sure to fix the upside down floors, too.  (** Warning ** Floor Tilt=0.0,
much less than expected tilt of 180).

Mike

On 7 Oct 2004, at 23:08, wing sun lee wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> After running my IDF file - "~LG test14 single pump 03a", the message
> "EnergyPlus Crashed" was generated.
>

> Note: In the Object of Single Duct Const Volume Reheat, I was cancelled out the
> field:control node. It is becase there is no need to enter as using electric
> heater. Original IDF file - ""~LG test14 single pump 03a".
>
> I don't know why this happen. Please help me!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> SAMLEE
>

> ­É¹L¡B¤@©ç¨â´²¡B©_¬¥§õºû´µ¦^«H...
> ¥þ´ä³Ì¤j¤â¾÷¤U¸ü¤¤¤ß