Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help with chillers

If you set the chillers to ConstantFlow, then the flow rate is as expected.  I
will investigate this further next week.  Part of the problem may be the high
max volume flow rate for the plant loop, which causes the loop volume to be
high which can cause capacitance issues in the loop.  Try setting the max
volume flow rate for the chilled water loop to match the sum of the chiller
design flow rates.

Mike

On 21 Oct 2004, at 14:00, fortierengineer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing a Summer design day Calculation.  I have two Water cooled
> chiller:Electric to handle the peak day load.  Each chiller is only
> able to handle a volumetric flow rate of up to 0.0945 m^3/s based on
> how they are defined in the input file.  When I run the simulation
> though, the volumetric flow rate measured at the outlet node of the
> first chiller is 0.1968 m^3/s while the second chiller is 0, as is
> the bypass pipe.  Why is the simulation allowing the volumetric flow
> rate through the chiller to be more than the input says it can
> handle?
>
> Another small issue is that in the Run control, when I change the
> input to do Zone sizing No, it does it anyway.  I believe it should
> be giving me an error because I have an autosize statement in the
> System sizing for minimum outdoor air.  It does give me an error
> though when I remove the zone sizing statements all together.
>
> I am uploading my file Brashearhigh10-19new.idf in case you need to
> look at it.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Joe Lewis

> http://www.energyplus.gov