Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Link Diagram and Mass flow rate calculation

1.  This appears to be a bug in HVAC Diagram (or in the way EnergyPlus writes
the bnd output file).  In simulations with both air loops and fan coil units,
it appears that only the first fan coil unit will be drawn.  If the air loops
are removed from the simulation, all of the fan coil units draw.  A bug report
has been posted (CR 6500).

2.  The mass flow errors listed below, and the different yet similar plant flow
errors you were getting with earlier versions of these files were very tricky
to track down.  The problem is in the order of branches in the BRANCH LIST
object.  EnergyPlus simulates the branches in a loop in the order in which they
are listed in the BRANCH LIST.  This means that the branches must be listed in
flow order.  So, the plant loop inlet branch (with the pump) must always be the
first branch in the list.  Then the parallel branch(es) are listed next.  The
order is not significant among the parallel branches.  The loop outlet branch
must be listed last.  Reordering the branches in your input files gets rid of
the mass flow errors.  I apologize that it took so long to catch this.  A
suggestion has been posted to make this requirement more obvious in the
documentation and to possibly implement an automatic check so that an
appropriate error message can be issued to pinpoint the problem (CR6502).  The
corrected BRANCH LISTS are pasted in below.

Mike