Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] A problem of Sensible Heating/Cooling Rate

The Zone/Sys Heating/Cooling report variables are described in the Input Output
Reference, as are most report variables.  Search the docment for the variable
name to find a description.

In this simulation, the thermostat has a setback schedule, so that is why the
zone temperatures are cool in the unoccupied period.  Also, during winter, the
system has been scheduled to run the fan around the clock.  The minimum outside
air schedules is set to 2% during unoccupied hours, so the system always brings
in some fresh air.  During the hours that you refer to that show values for
Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling, the system is cooling the space because the mixed
air is cooler than the zone air.  Remember that the zone/sys heating/cooling
variables indicate what the system delivered to the zone, not what the coils
are doing.

Mike

On 5 Nov 2004, at 3:09, hbn_pch wrote:

> Dear all:
>   I start a simulation of the example of 5ZoneEngChill.idf attached
> to the EnergyPlus.
>   For analysis,I add a boiler parameter of Boiler Gas Consumption
> Rate in the report parameter.I discover that there is only Sensible
> Cooling Rate values from 1am to the 7am.But at 8am there is only
> Sensible Heating Rate values,and these values are very big.Whereas,in
> 9am,Sensible Cooling Rate value and Sensible Heating Rate value exist
> simultaneous and the two values are very small.For remainder
> hours,there is Sensible Cooling Rate only.
>   From 1am to 7am,the Zone/Sys Air Temp values are approximately
> 17C,and from 8am to 6pm the Zone/Sys Air Temp values are
> approximately 21C.Then the Zone/Sys Air Temp values decrease by hour.
>   So I'm puzzled.I can't find the reasonable explain.I even did't
> know what do Zone/Sys Heating/Cooling Rate and Zone/Sys Air Temp mean.
>
>   Thanks for all your kind help!
>   pch

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: