Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] whether the first component on cooling supply loop must be a pump or not?

EnergyPlus only allows one pump per plant/condenser loop, and it must be the
first component on the supply side of the loop.  By using a variable speed pump
with a linear part load curve with no bypass, you can come fairly close to
approximating the energy use of three separate pumps that operate with each
chiller.

Mike

On 14 Dec 2004, at 2:41, zyyh9819 wrote:

> hi£¬
>
>    I met a fatal error in my simulation. The following is the fatal
> error:
>
>  **  Fatal  ** The following pump is not the first component on its
> loop: CW FIRST PUMP_1
>
>   There are three chillers and three pumps on cooling supply loop of
> my idf file, so the first component in cooling supply loop is a
> pipe, following is a splitter.
>   The question is whether the first component on cooling supply loop
> must be a pump or not?
>   I have upload my idf file(sunflower.rar). please help me to check
> it.I will very appreciate it !

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links