Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] A Warning about Simple Heating Coil

These warnings come from the controller for the reheat coil in the VAV unit and
indicate that the controller was not able to match the zone load within the
specified convergence tolerance .  Using a larger value in the "convergence
tolerance" field in the SINGLE DUCT:VAV:REHEAT object can get rid of these
warnings, but it may cause other iteration problems elsewhere in the
simulation.  If the zone temperature is maintained close to the desired
setpoint, then you can ignore these warnings.

Mike

On 6 Jan 2005, at 10:51, zhen tian wrote:

> Hi, All:
>
> I got 13 warnings like the following during my simulation of 12 zones with 3 VAV
> systems.  Each zone has reheat coil. "Warning ** ControlCompOutput: Maximum
> iterations exceeded for COIL:WATER:SIMPLEHEATING".
>
> Could somebody tell me what may be the reason for causing these warnings and how
> can get rid of these.  Actually, when I used 1 step/hour, I did not get these
> warnings, but when I changed to 4 steps/ hour in the simulation, these warnings
> appeared.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Zhen