Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Heating System

The current water heater model can be a bit difficult to work with.  I would
suggest putting the boiler in parallel with the water heater rather than in
series.  I know the real system would put them in series, but for the
simulation the energy use should be equivalent.  This way the mass flow does
not have to be the same in both components which may be why you are having
trouble with them.

Sorry about the slow response.

Mike

On 3 Feb 2005, at 12:35, ingdallolio wrote:

> I'm modeling a solar collector heating system with low temperature
> radiant floor.
> I'm using a water heater object to exchange heat from the collector
> loop to the radiant floor water loop. I'd like to run with both solar
> energy and gas (as backup energy source). The gas burner should start
> when the temperature on the second loop ( radiant floor ) goes below
> 30C. If I set the water heater set point to 30C the temperature
> inside the water heater tank ( collector loop) does not go above
> 30C !. I'd like the water heater storage temperature to go as high as
> possible, in order to storage as much solar energy as possible. I was
> thinking to use two heater ( a water heater and a boiler objects) in
> series but I can't make this working.
> Any idea?
> Thanks, Andrea.

> http://www.energyplus.gov