Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Non-Zone equipment and Boiler in series

The "unknown" node errors usually indicate a typo somewhere.  The component
type, component name, inlet node and outlet node must match exactly in both the
BRANCH object and the compoment object.  Search your input file for the node
names listed in the errors and it should lead you to where the problem is.

However, if I understand the description below, it sounds like this simulation
is mixing demand-side components (DOMESTIC HOT WATER and radiant hydronic) with
supply-side components (boiler).  This will not work.  Did this generate any
other error messages such as "invalid equipment type"?

Mike

On 8 Mar 2005, at 0:02, colotupper wrote:

> I am trying to run the following setup, but am getting some node
> connection errors:
>
> I have a large water heater on the plant side of a water loop.  This
> water heater is fed by solar collectors and has no backup heating
> element in it.
>
> On the demand side of my water loop, I have a splitter that does to
> DHW and a radiant heatings zone.  I would like to have a separate
> electric boiler for both the DHW and the radiant zone, so I put
> these boilers in series on the same branch with the DHW and Radiant
> system, respectively.
>
> When I did this, I received node connection errors and the types of
> my some of those nodes are know unknown.  Is there some reason why
> you can't connect an boiler in series with Non-Zone Equipment like
> DHW?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kendra Tupper

> http://www.energyplus.gov