[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Error in Electrical Chiller Simulation

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
>  I am not sure I completely understand the question.  High return
water
> temperature indicates the cooling coil flow rate is not high enough.
Check the
> cooling coil inputs.  To answer your specific question, the only
control you
> have over chiller water flow rate is to set the chiller flow type to
> "ConstantFlow", then the flow rate through the evaporator will always
equal the
> specified design flow rate.
>
> Mike

Dear Mike

      Your understanding about the flow rate is right. Since it is
impossible to control the chilled water flow rate through the chiller,
I wonder whether it is possible to control the water flow rate in coil
and how to set it up
      After I changed the chiller flow type to "ConstantFlow", I found
that the actual constant water flow rate in the results is neither
equal to the rated chiller volume flow rate nor the rated cycling pump
volume flow rate. So how did the programme determine the flow rate ?
      Thank you in advance

                                                    charlie