Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Using of Aspect Ratio field at the GeometryTransform object

> Is there any way to rotate the building without using this object
> (GeometryTransform).

Yes.  To rotate the building, use the North Axis field in the BUILDING object.
This field only works if using Relative coordinates as specified in the
SurfaceGeometry object.  If your current coordinate system is
WorldCoordinateSystem (or WCS), and all of the zone origins are 0,0,0, then you
can simply change to relative coordinates and everything will be fine.

Mike

On 28 Apr 2005, at 12:02, Ali_Ajmi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried in my IDF file to change the shape of the building by changing the
> Aspect Ratio field, but an error always appear which abort the execution of the
> file (fatal error). These error massages are:
>
>    ** Warning ** Sum of area times inside solar abs for all surfaces is zero in
>    Zone: ZONE NORTH ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad
>    surface descriptions in zone="ZONE NORTH". **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity
>    has tolerance (ideal is 0.0)=NaN **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within
>    normal convergence tolerance (<.0001). ** Severe  ** View factors not
>    complete. Probably bad surface descriptions in zone="ZONE WEST". **   ~~~
>    ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is 0.0)=NaN **   ~~~   **
>    Enforced value is not within normal convergence tolerance (<.0001). ** Severe
>     ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface descriptions in
>    zone="ZONE EAST". **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is
>    0.0)=NaN **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within normal convergence
>    tolerance (<.0001). ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad
>    surface descriptions in zone="ZONE SOUTH". **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity
>    has tolerance (ideal is 0.0)=NaN **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within
>    normal convergence tolerance (<.0001). **  Fatal  ** Singular matrix in
>    LUdecomposition, window calculations
>

> Is there any way to rotate the building without using this object
> (GeometryTransform).
>
> Ali

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: