Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to model an air cooled heat pump?

A possible solution would be to use HEATPUMP:WATERTOWATER COOLING and
HEATPUMP:WATERTOWATER HEATING (see example files GSHP-GLHE.idf and
PlateHeatExchanger.idf).  The source side of the heat pumps would be placed on
the demand side of a PLANT LOOP.  Set up this plant loop with dual setpoints
and supply it with PURCHASED:CHILLED WATER and PURCHASED:HOT WATER
(5ZoneWaterLoopHeatPump.idf) and set the setpoints to be schedules which track
the outdoor dry bulb temperature +/- a small amount.  You could read in the
schedules using SCHEDULE:FILE:COMMA. This is rather messy and difficult to set
up, and I am not completely sure it will work.