Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] A failure in R1-2-2? Sometimes .dxf files are not created

Creation of the DXF file is an optional command when EnergyPlus is run "Report,
Surfaces, DXF;".  Many of the example files include this command, but some do
not.

In EP-Launch, when the "Drawing File" button is pressed, it looks to see if the
DXF file exists.  If it does exist, it opens it in the designated DXF viewer.
If the dxf file does not exist, EP-Launch attempts to run WinEPDraw to create
one.  Normally this works smoothly.

In this case, WinEPDraw is failing to find the file.  Are there any spaces or
other special characters in the file path?  We recently discovered this can be
a problem when EP-Launch executes WinEPDraw.

As a workaround, you can add the report command to the example file and
simulate it again.  Or you can open WinEPDraw, select the file, and create the
DXF.

Mike

On 5 May 2005, at 18:50, Pedro Rodrigo wrote:

> Hi all.
> After downloading the last release of EP (1.2.2) I
> have run several .idf examples in the ExampleFiles
> directory.
> Most of them work properly. But I've found problems
> for example in "5ZoneAirCooled" and "FanCoilAutoSize".
> After running the simulation, I press the "Drawing
> File" button and a WinEPDraw error message in Spanish
> languaje appears: "Error 53 en tiempo de ejecucion: No
> se ha encontrado el archivo: EPlusDrw" (English
> translation-> "Error 53 in runtime: File not found:
> EPlusDrw").
> When I press OK another message appears (now in
> English):"Viewing cancelled. No drawing file found or
> is older than input file and WinEPDraw not working.
> Try rerunning simulation".
> When I go to the ExampleFiles directory, the .dxf file
> hasn't been created.
> Have you found this problem in your new release? Is it
> only a problem of the Spanish version?
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
>

> Pedro Manuel Rodrigo Cruz