[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Bin to FMT Converter

The filename doesn't have spaces.  The filename
is "Sterling_Worst_Hot" and the directory that the source and batch
files are in is "C:\Documents and Settings\Tupper\"

I have tried placing the files in different directories and running
them there, and I get the same error.  I also tried this with the
regular SterlingVA.bin and received the same error.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Drury.Crawley@e... wrote:

> MakeFMT probably cannot handle the windows filename with spaces,
etc.
> (C:\Documents and Settings...).  You can run it from the directory
where
> the
> source files are:  MakeFMT Sterling_Worst_Hot
> (The copy of MakeFMT that I'm looking at doesn't need the .bin
extension.)

>                       "colotupper"

>                       <tupper@c...>        To:
EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       Sent by:
cc:
>                       EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:
[EnergyPlus_Support] Bin to FMT Converter

ogroups.com

>                       05/09/2005 05:18
PM
>                       Please respond

EnergyPlus_Support

> I downloaded the programs to convert a .bin file to an FMT file,
but
> I am getting an error when I run the batch file.
>
> When I type "MakeFMT Filename" in the command prompt, the following
> message appears:
>
> forrt1: severe ,22.: input record roo long, unit 10, file
> C:\Documents and Settings\Tupper\WEATHER.BIN
> Formatted file saved as Sterling_Worst_Hot.fmt
>
> Although an FMT file is created, the file is empty.  I am using
> a .bin file that is not standard, in that we took the 30 year TMY
> weather data and created a new bin file with the worst case weather
> for a period in October.  This .bin file works with DOE-2 so I'm
> pretty sure the problem is not with the .bin file.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Kendra Tupper

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate
> folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>       To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
>       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
>       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.