RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] About the plant operation schemes

Also, look at the PUMP objects.  Scheduling the pump and choosing CONTINUOUS or
INTERMITTENT also controls operation of the entire loop.  If you want the loop
to come on whenever there is a demand from a fan coil unit, then set the pump
to INTERMITTENT and schedule it to be available at all times.

Mike

On 23 Jun 2005, at 16:22, Padhmanabhan, Sankar wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> The control scheme schedule tells how the plant loop should be controlled.
> Basically the control scheme mentioned in the plant operation scheme is defined
> else where in idf with week and day values. If you go to the day value you can
> see for 24 hours the values as either 0 or 1. Now if for any hour the operation
> scheme is 0, then the plant loop does not follow the corresponding control
> scheme. The program will look for another control scheme defined for that hour.
> If there is no operation scheme found, then whole plant loop is shut down. An
> example for this is running a plant component differently in summer and winter.
> So for summer you define one control scheme and for winter you define another
> control scheme.
>
> Hope this helps in your modeling.
>
> Sankar
>
> S.K.Padhmanabhan