Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] problems with direct solar radiation

Thanks a lot for the fast reply Linda.

So I need to use the weather converter I suppose. I have data for
diffuse and global radiation and I need to get direct rad data from them. Is
it possible in the weather converter? I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation. I tried to leave the direct rad field blank instead of filling it with 9999 but the weather converter filled it with 9999.

I'd like to send you a copy of my weather file if possible maybe if you have the chance to have a look at it you could give me some tips about what to do.

Once again thank you imensely for the help

Regards,

Clarice

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
At 10:29 AM 8/30/2005, Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:

>I'm trying to run a simulation here and I'm getting a message saying:
>** Warning ** Missing Data Found on Weather Data File
>************* Missing "Direct Radiation", Number of items=  504
>I've checked my weather file and noticed that as this field is
>missing it was assigned 9999. There's only global and diffuse data
>for radiation. Does E+ use this to calculate the direct one or this
>is not possible and consquently my results will be affected? I
>thought that as this couldn't be solved using the weather converter
>that E+ would work it out when simulating but I'm not sure it does.
>Can you please give me a light on that?

Only the weather converter will try to "solve" missing
data.  Depending on the input data type, it can resolve global,
diffuse and direct.

EnergyPlus does not.

>I also have 2 more questions which are just checks:
>
>1) In the simulation parameters, when the shadowing calculation is
>set to 1 this means detailed calc correct?

We prefer that you use the alpha keywords.

If 1 equates to FullExterior (see the .eio file), that is not as
detailed as FullInteriorAndExterior.

>2) In the Location - weather group, the field "day of the week for
>start day" refers to the day of the week for the first day of the
>year or the day of the week for the first day of the simulation set
>(which doesn't necessarily mean the first day of the year - can be
>user defined)?

I believe that would be the day of week for the first day of
simulation but I would have to look at the code.

Again, you can check the "day type" as an output report variable to be sure.

Zone,Average,DayType Index []

Report Variable DayType Index will illustrate which day it is
"simulating", 1=Sunday, 7=Saturday, 8=Holiday, etc.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team