Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Can I use COMIS model and Ventilation at the same time?

When the COMIS air flow model is active, the Simple air flow model objects
(VENTILATION, INFILTRATION, MIXING, and CROSS-MIXING) are inactive.  It is one
or the other, but never both types together.  To add a constant airflow to a
COMIS model, use COMIS AIR FLOW:Crack with a value of zero for "Air mass flow
exponent".  This should result in a constant air flow through the crack, thus
simulation the exhaust fan.  I believe you would also need to associate an
appropriate node and pressure with this crack to force the direction of flow.

Mike

On 3 Nov 2005, at 4:49, winterwizardcn wrote:

> Hello Team:
>
>     I am trying to simulate natural ventilation effect of a deep room
> with both side windows. In order to facilitate air flow in the room,
> there is a exhaust fan inside of the room. Can I use COMIS modul as
> well as ventilation at the same time? If not, what is the best way to
> modle that?
>
>     Thanks,

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support