From: Peter G. Loutzenhiser [mailto:post@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 8:17 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Shading calculations

Dear All,

Does anyone know how the calculations are made in EnergyPlus for an air gap
between a window and exterior shading device.  I see this reference to
standard ISO 15099 (I am looking at the final draft) but when looking at the
standard, it says to assume a forced convection model and says to calculate
the airflow rate by using an experiment or CFD.  But in EnergyPlus, there
are various inputs (side permuability, etc) that seem to indicate that it is
using some sort of model not described by the standard.  I have the source
code, so if someone could kindly point me to correct subroutine or provide a
reference for this calculation, I would be most greatful!

Many thanks in advance.

Peter Loutzenhiser

low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press
the "search" button.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM