[EnergyPlus_Support] outside air problem

Hi,

1.For the Dxcoil and Fancoil system, users may define required fresh
air for a zone using the outdoor air mixer. The autosized value in
the field ¡°maximum outside air flow rate¡± could satisfy the
ventilation requirement of occupants. My question is , as we know,
since there exists in reality another air loop specially for the
fresh air inducement, is this method here only a simulative method
to handle the ventilation problem? Can I use this simplified way here
(defining the desired fresh air amount in above field ) to simulate
a ¡° Fancoil + outdoor air¡± system, instead of using a complex
Fancoil system along with an additional Fresh Air Handling Unit to
meet the ventilation demand?  What is the difference between the two
method from a fresh air supply perspective?

2  How can I identify the fields ¡°Zone cooling/heating design
supply air humidity ratio¡±?  The default values can be regarded as
¡°standard ¡± values or need to be revised based on each situation ?
I thought the value , specially for the heating , seem to be over
dry.

Is ignoring the humidity control a common practice for an office
building energy simulation?

Thank you very much

Eric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM