Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] dual setpoint with deadband thermostat/furnace control problems

Change these 2 report variables to hourly and change the run control
object to only do the design days.

Report Variable,
    *,                       !- Key_Value
    Furnace Fan Part-Load Ratio,  !- Variable_Name
    timestep;                !- Reporting_Frequency

Report Variable,
    *,                       !- Key_Value
    Furnace Compressor Part-Load Ratio,  !- Variable_Name
    timestep;                !- Reporting_Frequency

RUN CONTROL,
    Yes,              !- Do the zone sizing calculation
    Yes,              !- Do the system sizing calculation
    Yes,              !- Do the plant sizing calculation
    Yes,              !- Do the design day simulations
    No;               !- Do the weather file simulation

You will see that the simulation is maintaining the set points
correctly. 20C in winter and 25C in summer just
as your compact HVAC thermostat requested.

COMPACT HVAC:THERMOSTAT,
    Thermostat,         !- Thermostat Name
    ,                   !- Thermostat Heating Setpoint Schedule
    20.0000005298191,   !- Thermostat Constant Heating Setpoint {C}
    ,                   !- Thermostat Cooling Setpoint Schedule
    25.0000006622738;   !- Thermostat Constant Cooling Setpoint {C}

If you make an annual run and see a time when both heating and cooling
occur, it is because the simulation ran at a
reduced time step and you are seeing the average values over the hour.
Use a detailed
time step to see what is happening during these times. Example:

Report Variable,
    *,                    !- Key_Value
    Furnace Fan Part-Load Ratio,  !- Variable_Name
    detailed;             !- Reporting_Frequency

Make all your report variables "detailed" so the info lines up in the
csv file.

And make the run period smaller to reduce the size of the output file:

RunPeriod,
    5,                 !- Begin Month
    1,                 !- Begin Day Of Month
    7,                 !- End Month
    31,                !- End Day Of Month
    UseWeatherFile,    !- Day Of Week For Start Day
    Yes,               !- Use WeatherFile Holidays/Special Days
    Yes,               !- Use WeatherFile DaylightSavingPeriod
    No,                !- Apply Weekend Holiday Rule
    Yes,               !- Use WeatherFile Rain Indicators
    Yes,               !- Use WeatherFile Snow Indicators
    1;                 !- Number of years of simulation

darthskunky wrote:

> [...]
> what I want. I set the heating to 68 and the cooling to 77.
> Nevertheless, looking at my hourly data, there seem to be days when
> the heating and cooling systems are directly opposing eachother.
> Would someone be willing to look at my files to see what's going on?
> I'm new to EnergyPlus and have been having numerous problems obtaining
> anything close to what seem like valid outputs.  My input file is
> pretty simple, so troubleshooting might not be too hard.  I'll upload
> the files.  The idf is called habitatcomposite.  If someone could help,
> I would be incredibly grateful, as I need to get this figured out
> pretty soon.  Thanks a lot!
> MC

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and
> press the "search" button.

> Backup software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Backup+software+program&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=eUI27kyL1-jKHpWWDj86mg>
> 	Email software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Email+software+program&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=XKgTftmisARp8xbaoC2wFQ>
> 	Medical software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=4p0KIh4tDQ720oVLxLWV-Q>
>
> Wedding program software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wedding+program+software&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=OxP6ZyJOW_SN5I_pUxl1kg>
> 	Cad software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cad+software+program&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=cZa60TP7Bq-LkQPHaZAz2Q>
> 	Maintenance program software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Maintenance+program+software&w1=Backup+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Wedding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Maintenance+program+software&c=6&s=177&.sig=zWBW8Zz1NU8z-j9RYZPhSw>

>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years