[EnergyPlus_Support] Advanced surface concepts

Hello all!

I'm trying to simulate a hospital floor and to consider the interaction between
rooms common walls I have considered the "OtherSideCoefficients". Knowing that
"OtherSideCoefficients" controls only the temperature of the outer plane of a
surface, first question is: this parameter controls only planes that makes
frontier with the outdoor or it controls also planes that makes frontier with
other thermal zone?

I don't know how to determine the coefficients values that modifies some
temperatures (user selected, outdoor dry bulb, ground and zone air) and the
wind speed, but I also don't feel confortable to work only with a user selected
constant temperature, because if I select a hot temperature, it will works good
on summer, but on winter I will have really bad results for interior walls
temperatures. So, my second question is: which values can I use for the
coefficients?

I try some values but my results for PMV are very strange. For example, in a
single room, at 8 and 9 o'clock, I found these values:

                               8hs       9hs

- Outdoor dry bulb----------- 26,70 C   27,80 C
- Mean radiant temperature--- 23,38 C   23,55 C
- Zone mean air temperature-- 24,91 C   25,15 C
- Fanger PMV-----------------  -1,90     -0,08

For me, the difference between PMV are very high and don't happen on practice.
Searching for an explanation, I found that people activity during sleeping
hours (23 - 8 hs) is low: 72 W/person against 100 W/person in the rest of the
day. Lamps and electric equipments are turned on at 8hs and are designed for
180 W. In my view point, the low night clothing insulation (0,6 clo) is more
influent in these results.

I have observed that PMV is very sensitive by changing the coefficients,
because I have found values for PMV near -8 in summer design day for Brasil,
that is really impossible.

Thanks.

 M.Sc. Engº Fábyo Luiz Pereira
 Fone: +55 51 8118-5052
 http://www.fluizp.1br.net

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com