Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Handling Windows in E+

In the I/O Ref, beginning on p. 184 (pdf p. 220), there is a description of the
contents of the Window5 Data file.  The quantities used in EnergyPlus are show
in bold.

The glazing system properties are all for center of glass and do not change
with the window dimensions.  The window subsurface dimensions in the EnergyPlus
input file are the glass dimensions, and the glazing properties from the
Window5 data file are applied to this glass area (less any dividers, frames are
outside the subsurface dimensions).

The only quantities that are dependent on actual window dimensions are the
average frame and dividier characteristics.  If the frame is uniform on all
sides, then the average properties will be the same no matter what the window
dimensions are.

So, yes, for a window with a uniform frame, E+ adjusts these dimensions with no
loss of accuracy.

Mike