[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Modulating Control

Hello All

I have some instability in one of my models.

It is being caused by a ventilation object which is included to
provide a simple night ventilation strategy, in an office building.
Using the ventilation object,  ventilation is provided  @ 3ACH if the
internal temperature is above 20C.

I have noticed in the results that the internal temperatures are
oscillating around 20C during the early morning hours before
occupation, during summer months.
This is happening because night ventilation is alternating between on
and off between each time step, (using 10 minute time steps).
The oscillations in temperature are not very big, max amplitude is
about 1C, but this is enough to impact significantly on the comfort
predictions from my model.

I have also implemented night ventilation using a unit ventilator in
another model but I am encountering the same problem.

Is it possible to modulate ventilation based on an internal
temperature only, instead of modulating it based on a temperature
difference between inside and outside?

I was hoping somebody might have a simple work around.

Best Wishes

Rory

Rory Walsh
UCD Energy Research Group
School of Architecture, Landscape & Civil Engineering
University College Dublin
Richview, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
http://erg.ucd.ie

Tel:    +353-1-716 2682