Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Parametric runs

Thank you very much for the help, specially the hint to give the full path
for the included file (COUNTER.INC).

The imf file is now running and changes correctly the parameter values but
I still get the following severe error message:

************* IDF Line=163 From counter.inc created by EP-Launch when
running groups of files
    ** Severe  ** , or ; expected on this line

I have checked the results against those obtained when running single
simulations and all appears to be correct.
What should I do to avoid this error message or can I ignore it?

Thanks.

At 02:39 PM 4/12/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Also, ##include does not work with spaces in the path, so that could be an
>issue as well.
>
>If you are not aware of the epmdet output file, this shows the full
>details of
>the ep-macro processing.  Any macro errors will be in this file.
>
>I assume you are using the EP-Launch group feature to do this.  Does your
>master input file have a .imf exension?  If not, the ## macro commands
>will not
>be processed.
>
>There is an example of using ##include in AbsorptionChiller_Macro.imf, but we
>do not have an example of a parametric input.
>
>If you still cannot figure this out, please upload your grp and imf files to
>the files area in the yahoo group.
>
>Mike
>

>On 12 Apr 2006 at 9:05, Joe Huang wrote:
>
> > It's hard to determine the exact nature of your problem without looking at
> > your input files and EnergyPlus run procedure, but my experience with
> using
> > ##include is that you have to have the included file (COUNTER.INC) in the
> > right folder where EnergyPlus is being run, or give the full path for the
> > included file, i.e., ##include C:\\xxx\xxx\COUNTER.INC.  Otherwise,
> > EnergyPlus would not be able to find the included file.
> >
> > Joe Huang

Dr. Monica Paciuk
National Building Research Institute
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000
ISRAEL
Tel. 972 4 829 3120
Fax. 972 4 832 4534