[EnergyPlus_Support] Exporting/importing data

I have been converting BLAST models into IDFs but was unable to retain
the intended surface coordinates. Typically, the x and y coordinates
will be offset by a constant amount after the translation. To correct
the problem, I have attempted to copy heat transfer surface objects
from the EPlus model and pasting it into an Excel sheet where I could
easily manupilate the data and transfer it back to the Surface: Heat
Transfer table. Unfortunately, this does not work (the entire heat
transfer table is copied into a single Excel cell).

Is it possible to exchange tabulated data (i.e. Heat Transfer Surface
objects) between an IDF and an Excel file, or between two IDFs? If
this topic is covered in the user manuals, please let me know where it
it is. My search was not successful.

Thank you for your support.

Merid Aboye