[EnergyPlus_Support] Controlled temperature

Linda,

I do realize that "Zone Mean Radiant temperature" is not the
heating/cooling setpoint temperature. I was trying to confirm
whether or not the program compares the User Input setpoint
temperature to the Zone Average Air temperature. The output
spreadsheet files do not report "Zone/Sys Air Temperature" despite
the fact that this variable is selected in the "Report Variables"
table. Your answer below does confirm that "Zone/Sys Air
Temperature" is the contrlloded variable, but I still would like to
be able to report it. The Error file indicates that this
variable "is requested but not generated", without further input as
to why it is not being generated. Any hints on how I can generate
zone average Air temperature data is greatly appreciated.

Merid

 >Message #2
>Reported Zone Mean Radiant temperatures do not match input
>cooling /heating setpoints. Since the value of the "time setpoints
>not met" output variable is 0 hours, I am concluding that Zone/Sys
>average temperature is the controlled variable. Unfortunately, I am
>unable to generate this variable. The Error file does not provide
>further information on how to resolve this issue. Any hints on how I
>can generate zone average Air temperature data is greatly
>appreciated.

Zone Mean Radiant Temperature is not the heating/cooling setpoint
temperature.  The controlling temperature is for air temperatures at
this time.

Report "Zone Mean Air Temperature" or "Zone/Sys Air
Temperature"  (they are equivalent and usually the same) to get
those.

Linda

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM