Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] COMPACT HVAC:SYSTEM:VAV

Yes, you can delete the COMPACT HVAC:PLANT:* objects and run EnergyPlus to
generate the expanded system description (expidf output file).  Note that this
will have fatal errors in EnergyPlus because there are no plant connections for
the chilled water coil.  Then take the expidf file and rename it to a new name
as an idf file.  The 5ZoneAutoDXVAV.idf example file provides an example of
using DX cooling in a VAV system.

Mike

On 29 Jun 2006 at 13:08, Richard Raustad wrote:

> You may modify ANY of the compact HVAC objects. They are meant as a
> starting point to avoid the user having to enter all the required inputs
> for HVAC systems. If you choose to switch to a DX system instead of the
> CW system, do not forget to remove the plant to avoid node connection
> errors. I believe you can just remove or comment out the plant loop object.
>
> aboyemeplus wrote:
>
> > Currently, the "COMPACT HVAC:SYSTEM:VAV" can only be used with a
> > chilled water coil, requiring the modeling of a CW loop. Is this
> > limitation only applicable when utilizing the "COMPACT HVAC" shortcut
> > method? In other words, can I modify the system generated with
> > the "COMPACT HVAC:SYSTEM:VAV" to include a DX coil instead of a CW
> > coil?
> >
> > Merid
> >

> --
> Richard A. Raustad
> Senior Research Engineer
> Florida Solar Energy Center
> University of Central Florida
> 1679 Clearlake Road
> Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
> Phone:   (321) 638-1454
> Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
> Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu
>
> UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support