Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cool Tower & Roof Spray

>From another EnergyPlus team member . . . .

An appropriate modeling strategy for the cool tower would be to
use a direct evap air system and then decrement out the associated fan
energy.  IF the air flow rates match reasonably well, I think it should
work okay.  But I haven't tried it.

No ideas on the roof spray, it is way too complicated.

On 4 Oct 2006 at 21:16, Tobias Maile wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am trying to model a so-called Cool Tower. That is basically a chimney
> that is connected to the lobby at ground level and has a wind catcher on
> top. There is also evaporative cooling in the tower through nozzles that
> spray water in the air. This cooler air is supposed to drive the air
> flow through the lobby. Does anyone have any ideas on how to account for
> this cooling effect in EnergyPlus?
>
> My other question is related to a roof spray. Water is sprayed on the
> roof at nights to cool it if desired and to store it in a thermal
> storage tank. Any ideas on how to account for the cooling of the water
> through the spraying process?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tobias

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support