Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] zone multiplier

Those are good questions.  The zone multiplier is applied when loads are passed
to the HVAC system and when energy use is metered.  For the energy meters, you
can see in the MTD file where the multipliers have been applied.  For example:

 Meters for 5037,PER-1I LIGHTS 1:Lights Electric Consumption [J] * 4  (Zone
Mult = 4, Zone List Mult = 1)

In general, zone-level objects, such as lights, people, infiltration should not
be multiplied upon input and will not be multiplied upon output.  Only HVAC
output and meter output is multiplied.  So, you do not need to multiply the
infiltration values.  And the window heat gain should be the unmultiplied
value.  But I would recommend changing the multiplier and confirming that the
window heat gain does not change.

Mike

On 16 Oct 2006 at 20:09, kir kumar wrote:

> Dear all,
>        I simulated a huge building with seven floors . Each floor has two
> zones. I used zone multiplier to multiply my middle floor by 5 times.Do I need
> to divide every resulting value for middle floor by 5 in order to attain a
> value just for a typical middle floor?
>
>        For example Do I need to divide the resulting cooling loads of  middle
> floor by 5, to get the cooling load of typical middle floor?. Also do I need
> to divide the resulting value by 5 in order to get the middle floor window
> heat gain?
>
>        How about infiltration? Do I need to input infiltration values just for
> a typical middle floor assuming that E+ automatically multiplies the given
> infiltration value by 5 times. or Do I need to input an infiltration value
> five times that of a typical middle floor?
>    Can any one help me answere my questions?
>   thanks in advance
>   kiran

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support