Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Specify Material:WindowGlass

Conductance is Conductivity divided by thickness, but this will give you the
conductance of just the glass (and gas) layers only.  I presume that the U-
values you are referring to also include the inside and outside film
(convection) coefficients as well.  If they are from Standard 90.1 (or 90.2)
they use the film coefficients for a specified set of temperature and wind-
speed conditions.  EnergyPlus will report this standard U-value in "Report,
Surfaces, Details;"  See Output Details and Examples document, p. 23, pdf p.
29, for more information.  You will need to use the film coefficients shown
here, remove them from the U-value, then calculate the thermal conductivity
that will result in the desired U-value.

Mike

On 26 Dec 2006 at 22:54, kevinzmo wrote:

> We're simulating a series of windows with different U-values
> (conductance, w/m2-k). But the input of WindowGlass requies
> Conductivity (w/m-k). How do we deal with it?

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx