[EnergyPlus_Support] Thanks! and some sneak peaks

EnergyPlus community,

Thanks!  The current release (V 1.4) of EnergyPlus just topped 3000
downloads in
 the shortest time ever.  More than 46,000 copies of EnergyPlus have been
downloaded
in the last 5-1/2 years.

The next release of EnergyPlus will be Version 2.0 in April.  From this
point forward,
we're moving into adding new features to support low-energy buildings.  A
few of the
key things we know that V 2.0 will include:
-- finite difference conduction--allows modeling of phase-change materials
-- energy management system (more controls to follow in V 2.1, October).
-- refrigerated cases with evaporative condenser (refrigerant loops on the
way)

We may also see green roofs modeling--research and model development
by Portland State University.

And as always, lots more!

EnergyPlus Team

PS  As we move forward with V 2.0 and future releases, we definitely want
your
feedback on new modeling capabilities that you want.  Please send email
directly to Dru Crawley (drury.crawley@xxxxxxxxxx) with your suggestions.