Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] need Guild and Help using GenOpt

I do not use genopt, but I will try to help.  Have you successfully run this
input file using runeplus.bat directly from the command line?  The EnergyPlus
.err output file should indicate why EnergyPlus did not return successfully.

I do not see a weather file name as an argument in the RunEPlus command.  If
this simulation requires a weather file that may be the problem.  The
EnergyPlus Auxiliary Programs document discusses how to use RunEPlus.bat.

Mike

On 22 Feb 2007 at 18:27, sreeram07 wrote:

> Friends,
> i need some help. My objective for now is to get some results using
> GenOpt. i have completed a building drawing using DesignBuilder. i have
> created the .idf.
> Now i have the .idf file,_template.idf file, command.txt file, the .ini file. is
> this all i need to run and obtain results in GenOpt? i am facing some problem
> regarding the batch file (RunEPlus.bat). after running my simulation, i get an
> error msg ... {~'terrace' is my file name~}
>
> Current command String: 'cmd /x /c "start /DC:\EnergyPlus /WAIT /MIN
> RunEPlus.bat terrace "'.
> Exception message:
>
> Error in executing the simulation program
> Exit value of the simulation program: 1
> Current command
> String              : 'cmd /x /c "start /DC:\EnergyPlus /WAIT /MIN
> RunEPlus.bat terrace "'.
> Error stream of simulation program  :
> The system cannot find the file RunEPlus.bat.
> GenOpt terminated with error.
>
> i have this the RunEPlus.bat file at the right location...
>   set program_path=C:\EnergyPlusV1-3-0\
>  set program_name=EnergyPlus.exe
>  set input_path=C:\Program_Files\go_prg\
>  set output_path=C:\Program_Files\go_prg\example\energyplus\1_1_0
> \GPSHookeJeeves\
>  set post_proc=C:\EnergyPlusV1-3-0\PostProcess\
>  set weather_path=C:\EnergyPlusV1-3-0\WeatherData\
>  set pausing=N
>  set maxcol=250
>
> how do i go about?
>
> thank you.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities. Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM