Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] shading device(slat-type) perpendicular to building surface

1.  This would have to be constructed from a set of
Surface:Shading:Detached:Building objects.

2.  Wind-driven airflow can be modeled one of two ways, with simple VENTILATION
or INFILTRATION objects, or with the more complex AirFlowNetwork objects.  If
you use the airflownetwork approach, you will need to set the window
ventilation controls to force the window to be open at all times.  EnergyPlus
will not be able to calculate the airflow resistance of the shading device.
You will need some other way to determine the flow characteristics outside of
EnergyPlus.

Mike

On 2 Jun 2007 at 8:00, neslihanturkmenoglu wrote:

> -How can I define slat type shading device(slats perpendicular  and
> parallel to wall surface) perpendicular to building surface?
>
> -My window is open. I will search the effects of shading devices on
> cooling loads by considering solar transmittance  and airflow
> transmittances of these devices  at the same time. So if I have to
> define a  glazing for window with the values of  0.99999 and
> reflectances 0.00001, how will the program consider airflow
> transmittances as the window is closed. Is there an other way for
> simulating this situation?
>

> I am looking forward to your answer
>
> thank you very much

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx