Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: *.Rvi File Question

At 02:07 PM 7/6/2007, Micheal wrote:
A second question is do you know what happens if the *.rvi variable
is not present? For example if I where to enforce a generic naming
convention (such as wall1, wall2, ?)  and not use all the names.
Would I just get the warning "The following variable were requested
but not generated". Do you know if it would "skip" the column to
maintain an absolute relationship or delete the non-existent
variable column to create a compact table with no "empty" columns?

What I think should happen is a message in the rvaudit file (new with V2.0 release) that indicates no variables of that name were reported.  If it doesn't, we need to know.

In other words, it will not insert a column there -- there should never be "empty" columns (though with mixed hourly and daily values, there will be several daily values -- in the hour slots -- which will be blank).

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team