[EnergyPlus_Support] Shading Related Questions

Hi all,

I am using energy plus to model the effect of shading of some 3D
geometries upon walls/facades.  I am comparing the solar beam incident
on external surfaces before and after a shading device is installed (eg
awning).  Some questions arised while I was reading the Engineering
Reference:

1. Does EP handle tilted/polygon shading devices (eg a sail/awning)?

2. What is the smallest geometrical entity which EP can handle for
shading calculation?  For example, if I break down the awning into
smaller pieces to resemble the warped surface the sail, is there a
limitation of how small each individual "piece" can be?

3. This is related to question 2: What is the "resolution" of EP's
shading calculation?  I noticed that EP doesn't give the user any sort
of "mesh" control.  Does that mean it's up to the user to refine
the "mesh" (geometry) themselves?

Oh I end up putting in a lot of questions. :P  Could someone please
help me out?  Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Peter Huang