Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Defining an Interior Surface in Airflow Simulation

1.  For any interzone surface or subsurface, you have the option of describing
only one instance and setting the OutsideFaceEnvironment Object =
UnenteredOtherZoneSurface.  EnergyPlus then automatically generates the
mirrored instance of this surface in the adjacent zone.

2.  If I'm reading it correctly, that text is referring to adiabatic surfaces
(where the surface refers to itself as the other side object).  This needs
clarification.  This is not a new restriction.

I assume you are aware that large horizontal openings cannot be modeled well.
See guidance under "AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Component Detailed Opening" in the
Input Output Reference.

Mike

On 12 Nov 2007 at 15:05, Ian Doebber wrote:

> I am modeling the nat vent through a lower and upper zone in which a
> large hole exists between the two.  Using Version 2, I still specified
> two Surface:HeatTransfer components, one for the ceiling of the lower
> zone and the other for the floor of the upper zone.  2 questions:
>

> 1.	I used a window to represent the hole and again specified two
> Surface:HeatTransfer:Sub.  Can I get away with specifying just one
> window in one of the Surface:HeatTransfer components.
>

> 2.	Based on the Input/Output documentation, it seems that I can't
> include this surface in the air flow simulation.  Below is what it
> states on page 621.  Can I still model this horizontal hole between the
> zones and how do I do it.
>
> An interior heat transfer surface (Surface:HeatTransfer) whose surface
> name is used as the input for the Outside Face Environment Object field
>
> represents a floor without ground contact and is not allowed as an
> AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Surface.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Ian Doebber
>
> Arup
>
> Mechanical Engineer

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx