Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] horizontal openings

ROTRAT:

Your understanding is correct. The existing AirflowNetwork model is unable
to calculate air recirculation across a large horizontal openings. One way
flow will be obtained across an opening due to constant height for a large
horizontal opening. Adding more openings does not help, because the airflow
across an opening is calculated based on the pressure difference between two
zones. We have a plan to add this capability. Do you have any good
suggestions?

By the way, I found you input interior walls twice in the network input.
Here is a paragraph extracted from the Input Output Reference on page 621:

Note: It is possible to define an interzone surface twice in EnergyPlus,
once in each of the zones that the
surface separates. Previously this was a requirement of EnergyPlus (prior to
version 2.0), but now it is
optional and the user also has the option of only defining the surface once
(EnergyPlus defines the second
surface automatically within the program). For each interzone surface, use
only one (of possible two)
interzone surface names in the AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Surface object for
"Name of Associated Heat
Transfer Surface." Do not enter two AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Surface objects
corresponding to the two
possible interzone names. This would cause the air flow through the surface
to be counted twice.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Lixing