Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylighting Detailed. Illumination Map: Grid Error?

My guess is the zone origin for this zone (LEVEL1) has a y-value of 2.25.  If
you are working in world coordinates, then set the zone origin to 0,0,0.  If it
is not 0,0,0 it will shift the daylighting reference points and the daylighting
map coordinates.  (Note that this behavior will be optional in the next
release.)

Mike

On 14 Feb 2008 at 6:33, ooikoonbeng2004 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Why is it that the Y ref point = 12.25 when i set the max to 10.00?
> The two warnings in the .err file are as follows:
>
> Program Version,EnergyPlus 2.1.0.023, 14/02/2008 5:17 PM,IDD_Version
> 2.1.0.023
>    ** Warning ** World Coordinate System selected.  Any non-zero
> Building/Zone North Axes or non-zero Zone Origins are ignored.
>    **   ~~~   ** These will be used in Daylighting:Detailed
> calculations but not in normal geometry inputs.
>    ** Warning ** SetUpDaylightCoords: Reference Map point Y Value
> outside Zone Min/Max Y, Zone=LEVEL1
>    **   ~~~   ** ...Y Reference Point= 12.25, Zone Minimum Y= 0.00,
> Zone Maximum Y= 10.00
>
> The Y coordinates of the two reference points in the Daylighting
> Detail object are 3 and 6.
>
> regards,
> ooi

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx