RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] OpenStudio compatibility with Windows 7

This same issue can occur with XP; it is not only a System 7 issue.  You need to put copies of those three system DLLs in an appropriate Windows system directory.  The dlls can be found on the internet quite easily.  They are not included in OpenStudio installation because they are third party resources and it wasn’t clear if that would be allowed under the license (GPL).

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of somsgr
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:08 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] OpenStudio compatibility with Windows 7

Is there any known compatibility issue between OpenStudio and Windows7? I installed Google SketchUp 7 and OpenStudio 1.0.4 in a computer with Windows 7 operating system. When I run the SketchUp I get an error message "Failed to load wxRuby. This error usually occurs if you are missing any of the required DLL files: gdiplus.dll, msvcp71.dll, or msvcr71.dll". It also shows an error that says "Error Loading File .../Plugins/OpenStudio/lib/Startup.rb". If I ignore the error message, the SketchUp runs fine, but there is no Plugins. Has anybody installed OpenStudio in Windows 7 OS?

Thank you in advance for your suggestion.
Som Shrestha