RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating/Cooling load

Aone cooling and heating rates are reported in watts.  How do you specify the area?

Heating panel of 25w/m2 means that the total power has to be multiplied by the area of the panel used. With stating the area of the panel or area of the zone, how do you make the comparison?

There is no tatal cooling rate per area for a year.

What is the heat and cold dissipation of a zone?  The power required to heat or cool the zone to the thermostat set point temperature are Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Rate and Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate.  The unit is in watts.  (In Boby's mail below.)  Note that the value is hourly averaged power.  If you turn on and off some equipment, the timestep values will follow the additiona load.

You need to state the outdoor temperature and zone mean temperature for comparison.

With 33°C ODT and  22°C zone mean temperature, a 20 m2 room would need about 500 watt to cool, (1 hp window unit, 746 watts) asuming that the building insulation is for a tropical country.  (Singapore)  We would go to the shop and provide the room area, and the dealer would recommend a 1 hp unit right away without any calculation.

The cooling power needed would be  less, when the walls and windows are well insulated, and the sun is not shining into the room.  This is whwere you need EPlus simulation to confirm.

300 watt cooling and 800 watt heating are reasonable numbers for a 20 m2 room. These may the sizing numbers, which are the maximum values for the TMY, using the DesignDay data.

Did you multiply the power by the room area to get the 8 and 15 kW values?

 Dr. Li