[Equest-users] Testing

Mickey Bush mbush at dmiinc.com
Fri Apr 18 14:35:01 PDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to be the first to pose a question on the eQuest mailing list!

I am having a problem modeling a dedicated outside air handling unit in
Equest.

I have specified a constant OAcfm/person in each zone to calculate the
ventilation rates, and the air handling units served by the OAHU link
to it with the OA-From command. But there appears to be a problem in
that the OAHU will fail to recognize the zone OA requirements from zones
defined by floor multipliers, and therefore it is not sized properly.
For example, my 23 story building (Ground, Mid (*21), Top) will have the
OAHU sized for 3 floors only (Ground, Mid, Top).

I attempted to force the size of the dedicated outside air unit, but since
it is VAV, it runs continuously at minimum flow.

If anybody has any experience with this issue, your ideas and insight are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mickey

Mickey Bush